The industry’s most powerful IRD meets the industry’s leading video compression
Integrated Receiver-Decoder, Transcoder and Stream Processor
Harmonic’s ProView™ 7100 is the industry’s first single-rack-unit, scalable, multiformat integrated receiver-decoder (IRD), transcoder and MPEG stream processor. Leveraging Harmonic expertise in Intelligent Function Integration™, the ProView 7100 adds broadcast-quality SD/HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC 4:2:0/4:2:2 10-bit decoding and video transcoding to the feature-rich ProView IRD platform, allowing content providers, broadcasters, cable MSOs and telcos to easily and cost-effectively streamline their workflows and decrease operating costs. For applications in which preserving pristine video quality is paramount, the ProView 7100 supports HEVC 4:2:2* 10-bit decoding of resolutions up to 1080p60.
The ProView 7100 IRD harnesses a flexible and modular design to address the vast spectrum of content reception applications, from decoding, descrambling and multiplexing of multiple transport streams to MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 transcoding. With an advanced and dense multichannel descrambler, the ProView 7100 simplifies the deployment of (or migration to) an all-IP headend solution and powers the launch of added-value services. The flexible hardware design is easily reconfigured with firmware upgrades, enabling seamless adaptation to new inbound video formats and codecs, such as MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC.
- Fully integrated platform combines all headend reception functionality with any-to-any remultiplexing
MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC SD/HD 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 10-bit decoding
HEVC decoding of 1080p60 media
- Four TS descramblers with four integrated DVB-CI slots
- Four stereo pairs of audio decoding
- High-quality H.264-to-MPEG-2 transcoding with down-conversion option
- T2-MI deframing to MPEG TS
- Four independent ASI outputs
- Four IP outputs with 1+1 redundancy support
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI and analog video outputs